It's wedding season! Time to review the most popular trends I am seeing in all the gay weddings we've been planning!
1) Use of candles instead of floral for decor. Candles en masse are totally popular right now. Clustered candles as centerpieces. Floating candles. Candleabras. A series of pillars clustered. And we are using LED candles if real candles aren't allowed. LED candles have come a long way and make this design element even more appealing.
2) Two aisles for the ceremony continues to be a hot trend. This gives each bride or each groom their own space - they love the two becomes one metaphor and of course, it's another place perfect for decorations. Love it - very hot!
3) Branding the wedding. Same-sex couples are going the extra mile to personalize their wedding and working with a graphic designer to make everything branded in their wedding monogram or logo is totally popular. Everything from the save the date to the menu card to the place card to the favors are branded with the couple's wedding art (see photo of Meg and Sarah's branded wedding)
4) Wedding weekends. Three day weddings are super hot right now - if you think about it, having all your nearest and dearest in one place doesn't happen very often. We are going beyond the rehearsal dinner and the brunch to really planning full on group activities for three consecutive days. It's fun for everyone and guarantees a memorable experience!
5) Cupcakes. I hate to say it because I'm getting sick of them, but cupcakes are still super popular. They are a trend that doesn't seem to be going away as bakers find more and more ways to make cupcakes unique, personal and artistic. We are seeing cupcake flavors bring in the couple's personality as well - flavors beyond just chocolate and vanilla, but really anything you can imagine!
(photo by Ilene Perlman)
Are you using any of these trends in your gay wedding?
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.