So that brings me to a question: what are some pros and cons of having a wedding on a holiday or holiday weekend?
- You have two evenings (typically the Saturday and the Sunday) for a great party.
- More time to recover before work, typically on Tuesday.
- More time to spend with your guests over an entire weekend/more events where everyone can be together.
- Often more expensive for your guests to travel, if applicable.
- Hotel rooms may be more expensive.
- Some vendors may charge more than usual (though typically only for winter holidays).
Jen and I were married on July 3 as well and we had a fair number of guests travel for our gay wedding. They didn't grumble but yours might. What do you think? Would you consider getting married on a holiday or holiday weekend?
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.