Name Changes for Gay Couples

One of the questions I get commonly from my out of state clients is how they change their name after marriage.  Here in Massachusetts, you write your new last name on your marriage application and the certified copy you can order will have the new name.  That certified copy will be accepted by the Social Security administration and the RMV.  This works in Massachusetts - but what happens when you return home to wherever you are from?

| Permalink
Post has no comments.
Post a Comment

Captcha Image

Trackback Link
Post has no trackbacks.