Before tipping anyone, check carefully to see what is included in the bill … limo companies, caterers, and venues providing valet and coat check services may already have a line item for gratuity!
- Caterers: Look for a gratuity line item for both the service staff and the bartender. If it’s not included, leave thirty-five to fifty dollars per server and for the catering manager, and 15 to 20 percent of the bar bill for the bartender(s).
- Limo: Leave 15 to 20 percent of the bill.
- Musicians: Tip each musician twenty five dollars or more.
- DJ: A DJ should receive 15 percent of his fee, if they do not own their own company.
- Hair & Makeup: Tip the stylists 15 to 20 percent of their fees.
- Valet: Tip the valets fifty cents to one dollar per car.
- Coat Check: Coat checkers should receive fifty cents to one dollar per coat
For exceptional service, you may, but need not tip (or give a gift to) your:
- Floral Designer
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.