Company Overview: 14 Stories is a full service event planning and production company specializing in LGBT weddings. The company was established in 2004 in response to Massachusetts’s legalization of same-sex marriage. To date, the company has produced over 200 gay and lesbian weddings and many other events, including parties, conferences, galas and fundraisers.
Position Overview: We are looking for a highly organized, self-motivated, dynamic individual to assist with special event planning and coordination. This is a partially paid internship in which interns are not paid for special projects but are paid for wedding day coordination.
- Assist with wedding planning and floral design;
- Assist onsite on wedding day;
- Work on special projects as required;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual; Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent internet research skills;
- A proven ability to react quickly, calmly and resourcefully when problem solving;
- Excellent phone, interpersonal and presentation skills and comfort with working with nontraditional couples, including same-sex couples;
- A proven ability to be self-directed, work independently, exercise judgment, and manage multiple tasks and priorities; Experience in event, party or wedding coordination helpful but not necessary;
- Sales experience helpful but not necessary.
This position is up to 15 hours per week and individuals are compensated at a flat rate for wedding day assistance.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Please note: In order to be considered, in your cover letter, we require that you explain your experience with gay and lesbian weddings and events.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.